Quality Control Inspector
Well established and well-run metal fabrication company seeks a talented and experienced QC Inspector. Strong benefits, plenty of paid overtime.
Compensation based on experience.
Day shift, 401K, medical, vacation.
WORK PERFORMED / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To perform visual and dimensional quality inspections, such as first piece inspections, in process inspections, and final inspections, in accordance to the Quality Management System, as requested by Top Management.
- Operate CMM, optical comparators, and all other inspection tools as needed to generate accurate inspection reports.
- Review CoC and other documentation as needed to ensure quality of parts received from outside vendors.
- Generate reports and data entry.
- Ensure accuracy and organize documentation per the inspections performed
- Raise flags to engineering department whenever a nonconformance is suspected
- Set up QC room during the start of each day – humidity, temp, etc.
- Submit visual and dimensional in process inspection results in timely manner
- Gather/collect data from in-process inspections
- Experience with GD&T, CMM, optical comparator, interpretation of drawings, understanding of technical specifications in industry, welding inspection, use of functional gauges and inspection jigs.
- Awareness/knowledge of processes related to CNC, milling and turning, metal coatings, paint, heat treatment.
- Microsoft Word and Excel, overall computer proficiency
- Analysis and completion of inspection reports
- Must be good at basic math skills, geometry, learning memory, problem solving
- Must be good at assembling various parts
- Attention to details
- Engineering, Production, Purchasing, Operations, and Shipping & Receiving
- Quality Control in a Machine Shop: 3 years (Required)
- Health insurance, Dental insurance, Vision insurance, Paid time off