- Under the direction of the Quality Control Manager, the Quality Technician performs and documents quality control inspections of all types of precast concrete products.
- The inspection process includes but is not limited to evaluating pieces for dimensional accuracy, required tolerances and aesthetic appearance as well in interpreting piece tickets and production drawings. The quality control technician is also responsible for daily materials and product testing as required.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Performs pre-pour inspection of all forms, reinforcement, steel and inserts, in a timely manner to maintain optimized work flow and assists in finding ways to decrease delays and cause for rework.
- Maintains daily and project production records.
- Checks and verifies all dimensions of cast-in embeds.
- Completes daily Quality Control documentation.
- Inspects all finished product. Documents and follows-up on any precast product that requires patching or rework.
- Ensures that all precast products are correctly marked.
- Assists other Quality Control personnel in testing of materials and finished products as required.
- Assumes responsibility for maintaining plant and yard safety in accordance with Company Safety Manual and under the direction of the Safety Coordinator.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Ability to read instructions, notices, handbooks, and technical requirements and specifications.
- Ability to communicate ideas and observations in an understandable manner in both verbal and written form.
- Ability to understand verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to read and understand piece tickets.
- Ability to perform addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Ability to calculate area and volume.
- Ability to apply basic concepts of geometry.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
Education / Experience / Certifications:
- High School Diploma or GED and three - five (3-5) years experience.
- Profit Sharing
- Competitive Compensation & Benefit Package
- 401K with Match
- Internal promotional opportunities
- Boot Allowance
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, climb, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, and talk and hear. The employee will be on his/her feet a majority of the day. Manual lifting requirements are light to moderate, but with the assistance of other personnel and hoisting equipment.
- The noise level is generally loud on the production floor or in the yard. This position works both in the plant and outdoors in the yard, therefore subject to all weather conditions sometimes to include extreme cold and heat. The work described will require the Quality Control Inspector to wear all PPE to include: safety glasses, hard hat, ear protection, leather gloves, safety vest & steel toed boots.
- Pre-Employment Drug Screen, Criminal Background Check, Reference Check & Employment Verification are all part of our hiring process.
- Depending on experience and certifications the position will start as either a Technician or Inspector with compensation to align accordingly
Job Status: Full Time