Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- The Reliability Engineer is responsible for guiding efforts to ensure the reliability and maintainability of equipment, processes, utilities, facilities, and controls. This role can be further subdivided into two distinct areas: loss elimination and risk management.
- One of the primary responsibilities of the Reliability Engineer role is to improve equipment availability and reduce asset costs. These improvements should be prioritized to focus efforts on the most critical opportunities. The Reliability Engineer (in full partnership with Operations and other functions) should develop a plan to reduce costs using Root Cause Analysis (RCA) and other acceptable methods.
- The Reliability Engineer is also responsible for performing Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA) on facility assets to predict potential failure modes, prioritize them by risk, and develop plans to prevent those that present the highest risk.
The Reliability Engineer’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following activities:
- Work with peers, CI Leader, Value Stream Managers, Supervisors, ME’s, and Techs, to ensure the reliability and maintainability of new and modified installations.
- Assist in developing design / installation specifications and commissioning plans. Assist in developing criteria for and evaluating equipment and technical MRO suppliers and maintenance service providers. Develop acceptance tests and inspection criteria.
- Participate in the pre-startup safety review of new installations.
- Participate in factory and site acceptance testing to confirm adherence to functional specifications.
- Define, design, develop, monitor, and refine an asset maintenance plan that includes both (a) value-added preventive maintenance tasks and (b) predictive and other non-destructive testing methods designed to identify and isolate inherent reliability issues.
- Develop or recommend engineering solutions to repetitive failures and all other problems that adversely affect plant operations.
- Apply appropriate data analysis techniques to fulfill the above responsibility. These may include:
- statistical process control
- reliability modeling and prediction
- fault tree analysis
- Weibull analysis
- Six Sigma (6σ) methodology
- root cause analysis (RCA) and root cause failure analysis (RCFA)
- failure reporting, analysis, and corrective action system (FRACAS)
- Develop Reliability Improvement Process (RIP) reports on critical asset failures.
- Work with Operations to analyze asset characteristics, including:
- asset availability
- overall equipment effectiveness
- remaining useful life
- other parameters that define asset operating conditions, reliability, and costs
- Provide technical support to Operations, Maintenance management, and technical personnel.
- Apply value analysis to repair/replace, repair/redesign, and make/buy decisions.
- The Reliability Engineer is an integral part of the asset management operation. The Reliability Engineer reports to the Reliability Manager. Peers include Maintenance Supervisors, Planners, Schedulers, and Equipment Engineers.
- Bachelor’s degree required: Mechanical or Electrical Engineering preferred
- Supplemental graduate work or degree in a related field is a plus
- Certifications in Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM), Certified Reliability and Maintenance Professional (CMRP) or equivalent preferred.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working in an environment with equipment and processes typically used in a manufacturing.
- Previous experience identifying, developing, and deploying analytical methods such as: SPC; Fault Tree; Weibull; FMECA; and FRACAS, preferably as they pertain to Asset reliability and maintenance
- Project management experience required
- Experience working in a highly regulated industry such as aerospace, automotive, biomedical, food, etc.
- Strong computer literacy
- Working knowledge of SPC and analytical software
- Lean Practitioner or Six Sigma Green / Black Belt preferred.
Job Status: Full Time