Relocation Project Manager - Facilities
Relocation Project Manager – Facilities
Established, local manufacturing company is moving to new facilities in the Philadelphia area. They are seeking a Project Manager to manage the move
- Manage all relocation activities facility move using project management “best practices”
- Ensure all relocation activities are performed in a timely and efficient manner
- Provide a single point of contact for all relocation project activities, updating scope, schedule, and budget as necessary
- Facilitate and document project meetings with internal staff and key stakeholders to ensure responsibilities are communicated and understood by all concerned
- Participate in planning meetings with key stakeholders
- Develop and implement relocation project plan and budget through collaboration with the facility manager and construction manager; as required Procure and manage move labor, including vendor/contractor RFP, bidding process, evaluate proposals and recommend selection of vendor/contractor
- Manage supporting suppliers (technology, telephony, furniture, etc.)
- Coordinate schedule, budget and scope as necessary with various service providers (IT, VTS, Construction and Associate Relocations and Furniture Installation contractor, etc.)
- Determine the pricing for any non-baseline work requested (i.e. construction-related needs, furniture reconfigurations, people relocations that exceed baseline parameters, etc.)
- Provide move signage, general move directions, and be present on campus or at the move site, available to answer questions, organize move orientations, and resolve post-move issues
- Manage the full scope of construction from start to finish on time and on budget to meet operational needs.
- Closely monitor General Contractor performance
- Create, maintain and monitor a detailed project schedule
- Proactively manage project related issues and mitigate risks.
- Interact and negotiate with consultants and contractors.
- Monitor market pricing to ensure national account pricing is as aggressive as it can be.
- Assess building assets to ensure top performance.
- Has successfully managed relocation of one or more manufacturing facilities
- Background in project management, construction management, architecture or project strategy planning is desirable
- Organizational skills with the ability to identify and manage priorities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detail oriented
- Flexibility with work hours and travel as needed
- Ability to multi-task and work both in a team and independently
- Strong working knowledge of architectural drawings and furniture and space planning concepts
- Highly organized with strong analytical skills
Project Administration and Reporting:
- Review, revise, reconcile and verify invoices within the time frame specified by accounting
- Prepare/update project status reports, process purchase orders and invoices, update tracking reports and maintain files for due diligence and financials
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Strong Microsoft Projects skills
- Ability to utilize the Microsoft Office suite of technologies
Job Status: Full Time