Senior Chemist - Formulation
Fast growing consumer products company is seeking a talented Senior Chemist for a full-time role. You will be responsible for improving existing and developing new formulae, technologies, raw materials.
You will work independently and with key stakeholders in the production of personal and household cleaners and disinfectants. Your excellent communication skills will be employed across the facility; interacting with Manufacturing, Packaging and Marketing stakeholders.
- Develop new formulas and reformulate existing products.
- Responsible for the maintenance of detailed laboratory notebooks, accuracy of information in database and active participation in the resolution of formula issues. Responsible for compliance of assigned work area with company set standards for laboratory safety and general maintenance.
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to effectively prioritize.
- Conduct stability testing (i.e. tracking stability (texture, odor, pH, viscosity, etc.), update results charts, and summarize data for review at each test period).
- Interact with raw material vendors and other industry representatives to further expand on the understanding of their products, technologies, and services. Utilize professional relationships to further expand and bring appropriate technologies in house.
- Bachelor’s degree in chemistry, chemical engineering, or equivalent science.
- Minimum 10 years in consumer products, food, pharmaceuticals or related formulations
- Lab formulation, pilot and pilot and scale-up manufacturing
- Knowledge of production manufacturing mixing, blending, filling lines and related equipment