Senior Embedded Software Engineer
Embedded Software Engineer
Our global client in the King of Prussia, PA area is growing and looking to make a few additions to their team. This is an excellent opportunity to join an organization that promotes internal growth and offers a career path for all employees. Our client is well reputable and has been in business in the manufacturing industry for decades. They are looking for an individual to join their team as an Embedded Software Engineer.
We are seeking an Embedded Software Engineer to work within our Embedded Software Group. This role is responsible for developing embedded software for a wide range of IoT applications using real-time operating systems, embedded Linux, and a variety of communication protocols.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Build embedded software solutions for IoT devices, including firmware for low power embedded sensor and application interface electronics and software tools for supporting development and test.
- Perform all aspects of software development. This includes, but is not limited to, requirements and specifications, design and development, coding and debugging, testing, and integration of embedded devices and systems. The result is intended for production and commercial deployment and must meet quality objectives, engineering methodologies, and company guidelines.
- Develop scripts to aid in automated unit, regression, and integration tests to meet quality expectations. Understand appropriate verification practices and tools.
- Write device drivers for various sensors and other small peripherals
- Support hardware/software integration and software validation
- Interpret, understand, and provide feedback on software requirements for active projects
- Work and interface with cross-functional design teams
- Analyze and enhance efficiency, stability, and scalability of system resources
- Develop code that is consistently well documented and maintainable
- Assess, utilize and integrate third party and open source software
- Support system integration and quality assurance and provide post production support
- Evaluate and recommend tools, technologies, and processes.
Qualifications and Skills
- BS or MS in either Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Proficiency with C/C++
- Understanding of real-time software concerns like multi-threading and concurrency
- Understanding of object-oriented development
- Experience with Unix shell scripting
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Job Status: Full Time