Service Desk Manager
Exciting eCommerce company in KOP area is looking to add a talented and passionate Service Desk Manager to their Team. They are a leader in their industry, highly profitable, publicly held and known in the business as an amazing place to work that focuses on their employee’s well-being and career development. Want to grow in your technical skills and be pushed by those around you? Then this is the place for you!
Managing the Service Desk and dealing with internal/external customer inquiries and incidents. Managing the performance of Level 1 & 2 services & support to employees and corporate users and ensure that service levels are achieved. Ensuring that user expectations are met or exceeded. Responsible for ensuring that staff are meeting and exceeding expectations in regard to performance, meeting defined metrics/benchmarks, and that standards and processes are followed, and protocol observed to provide effective customer service and meet requirements through an ITIL framework. Ensuring incidents are logged accurately and timely and passed to second line support teams to manage ticket systems, and handle user communications for service alerts and maintenance.
What You Will Do:
- Day-to-day Management of First line technical service desk to respond to internal user incidents and queries via email and phone
- Monitor through internal monitoring
- Maintain ongoing communication of incident updates to users provided by 2nd and 3rd line support teams
- Ticket management of Incidents, Problems Change and New Requests
- Maintenance schedules through the maintenance calendar and tasks
- Direct line management of a team of up to 10 including permanent and outsourced staff.
- Oversee the incidents, problems, change and requests.
- Manage and coordinates urgent and complicated support issues become the incident manager in major incidents. Act as escalation point for all incidents and requests.
- Develop and mature phone & email ticket escalation processes to ensure free flowing escalation and information within the organization.
- Determine root cause of issues and communicate appropriately to internal and external customers.
- Manage process for communicating outage/emergency activities to the organization.
- Manage vendor relationships as it depends on daily operational needs.
- Keep confidential all applicant, client, and verification and company proprietary information.
- Provide data and reporting of trends to Management and others in ad-hoc, weekly, monthly and as needed. Will drive Ticket and develop strategies for improvement.
- Work to make Service Desk the single source of service delivery channel for the company.
- Monitor and manage phone & email queue (participating in escalated calls as needed).
- Train, coach and mentor Service Desk Analysts and Technical Engineers including career development. Oversee staff activities. Builds/obtains (from other departments) training material for support staff. As needed, schedule employees working times and provide backup support.
- Ensure that customers receive timely updates on incidents.
- Maintain a calendar of maintenance requests on the network, data centers, exchanges and internal changes and ensure communication to customers with the appropriate information.
- Maintain the incident ticket database, ensuring incidents are set to the correct priority, state and are within SLA for response and resolution.
- Maintain ticket updates with accurate notes on current status
- Escalate to 2nd and 3rd line support teams, inform senior management teams of P1/P2 incidents
- Engage with third parties to provide Root Cause Analysis (RCA) for third party services
- Document internal timelines for resolved incidents where a RCA is required.
- Proven track record as a Technical Service Desk Manager
- Experience running Change Management and a Change Advisory Board
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- The ability to multitask across multiple incidents
- Understanding of SLAs and OLAs
- Ability to follow process and procedures accurately and without fail