Software Quality Assurance Manager
Smaller Healthcare Technology Company, division of large international firm seeks a Quality Assurance Manager to assume leadership of their largely Off-Shore QA department and lead al QA and Testing efforts of a staff of 75. Establish, monitor, and execute software quality assurance policy to contribute to building high quality products.
- Author, maintain, and manage mobile application products Quality and associated deliverables through the SDLC process.
- Review, evaluate, and document quality assurance/testing processes and contributors.
- Create per-release QA plans that match the needs of various mobile application products and releases.
- Review, evaluate, document dedicated/shared/contributed hardware testing environments.
- Ensure test coverage across a broad range of environments, testing all elements of the release process.
- Ensure the support of test plans by providing documented test cases.
- Provide planning for future testing, including areas for development, hardware/lab requirements, and staffing requirements, to obtain specific results.
- Plan and conduct suitable vulnerability testing to verify system security within both the existing and newly developed code base.
- Plan and conduct suitable performance / load testing to verify system performance and capacity within both the existing and newly developed code base.
- Correlate testing focus and testing methods based on prior areas of system concern, and areas of current/future development focus.
- Test conformance of products to unit, regression, protocol/interoperability, and user interface standards.
- Organize and conduct coordinative meetings to facilitate proper and efficient system testing.
- Ensure quality processes such as unit testing and regression testing are completed and followed during development.
- Provide and meet clearly define deliverables and timelines.
- Review historical, existing, and ongoing bug reports to identify areas needing specific attention.
- Organize and facilitate testing review meetings
- Liaison with Product Manager, architects, and individual software development Managers to ensure delivery of a high-quality product is compatible with release timeline targets.
- BS degree or higher in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, Business, or related field.
- 5+ years of experience applying organized quality assurance principles.
- 5+ years of experience in performing program assessments, inspecting work products across the full lifecycle, and developing QA processes and metrics
- 4+ years of experience in testing iOS and Android mobile applications, Bluetooth, near field communication, and web API connectivity.
- 3+ years of experience in testing system or product classified as software medical devices (ISO 13485) and design control technologies.
- 3+ years of experience testing systems handling PHI (HIPAA) or payment card information (PCI DSS).
- 2+ years of experience in leading quality assurance teams on distributed applications
- Experienced in working with offshore and onshore vendors
- Experienced in managing challenges such as cross-team dependencies, changing schedules, and product evolution.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills that are appropriate at all levels in an Organization
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrates high levels of personal responsibility and customer commitment
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Willing to work on testing all landscape components.
Pay: $120,000 to $140,000/year
$120000 to $140000 Per Year
Job Status: Full Time