SQL Server DBA
SQL Server DBA
An exciting, employee-centric company in the Lansdale, PA area is adding a SQL Server DBA. By driving innovation, company is on a mission to create a seamless experience for both the individual and enterprise organizations supporting the healthcare provider community of organizations and laboratories. This company is trusted by thousands of clients nationwide.
The MS SQL Server DBA will be in charge of the following:
- Responsible for maintenance and best practices on customer production databases, mission critical data.
- This role will require some after-hours work on projects, and any critical outages reported.
- Positions in this function design, implement and maintain all functions of database systems, including access, methods and time, device allocations, validation checks, organization, security, documentation, and statistical methodology.
- You will monitor overall standards and procedures, assists in integrating various systems.
- Additionally, you will consult with users, determine requirements and recommends database establishment and utilization.
- Provide database administration for mission-critical custom and packaged software applications
- Design storage strategies around backup and recovery for complex database environments, physical structures, and specialized database applications - Enterprise Rapid Recovery
- Uphold enterprise policy guidelines and recommend new/improved guidelines
- Partner with project teams and interact with customers to find solutions for projects and operational issues for existing and proposed databases
- Act as business liaison serving as primary point of contact between application business segments and database administrators
- Demonstrate the knowledge and ability to perform in all of the basic database management skills of database administration, Web connectivity, physical structure, overall architecture, and database analysis
- Provide standardization and consistency across environments
- Ensure a stable and secure database environment
- Apply database management consulting skills and gathers user requirements
- Implement and monitor database functionality to ensure stable environments
- Identify and initiate resolutions to user problems and concerns associated with database server equipment (hardware and software)
- Reviews the work of others.
- Develops innovative approaches.
- Sought out as expert.
- Serves as a leader/ mentor.
- 5+ Years hands on Development and Production SQL Server Database Administration in a Windows environment
Job Status: Full Time