Sr. Quality Control Engineer
Great opportunity for a senior engineer ready to step into a leadership role as this growing manufacturer continues its’ efforts to adopt Lean Six-Sigma methodologies. Your role be to manage quality functions while laying out a Lean Six-Sigma implementation roadmap.
Duties and responsibilities
- Hire and train QA staff members
- Supervise daily workflow and schedule for Physical Testing Lab
- Conducts timely and constructive performance evaluations
- Provide Six-Sigma leadership and training
- Responsible for ensuring operations meet all safety and environmental regulations.
- Manage scheduling of work, quality control of incoming raw materials (internal and external).
- Ensure timely processing to meet customers’ delivery requirements.
- Communicate with off-shift Supervisors regarding customer priorities, quality issues, safety concerns, and company policies.
- Utilize Lean Six-Sigma principles in support of continuous improvement initiatives
- Work to meet Company goals for safety and efficiency
- Develop and maintain procedures for accurate inventory recordkeeping.
- Maintain Inspection notebooks with special instructions to meet customer requirements for inspection and packing.
- Understand each customer’s quality requirements and make critical quality decisions as needed.
- Establish and implement all processes related to receiving, batching, inspection and shipments.
- Source and procure all raw materials for Quality departments (packaging)
- Manage customer quality issues and develop corrective actions.
- Root Cause Analysis Tools / Lean Manufacturing / Statistical Process Control
- Solid Lean Six-Sigma
- Understands ISO quality systems
- Understands testing equipment and reports
- Solid knowledge of manufacturing capabilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering
- 3+ years of relevant work experience preferably in Manufacturing
- Lean Six Sigma Certification preferred
- Min 1-year supervisory experience
Keywords: Quality Control, testing, Lean, Inspection, safety, textile, fabric, woven, color, black-belt