Growing consumer products manufacturing facility is seeking a talented, promotable Staff Accountant for a full-time role. Prepares data for journal entries, general ledger, and related financial statements; preforms day-to-day general accounting functions related to cash management, production costing.
Primary responsibilities and functions include:
The following reflects the essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
- Prepares general ledger journal entries, fixed asset tracking, monthly balance sheet reconciliation, and bank reconciliation.
- Generates and files consolidated monthly financial reports for
- Assists with budget preparation.
- Prepares and analyzes monthly journals.
- Maintains fixed asset and related depreciation schedules.
- Prepares International banking transactions for executive approval.
- Coordinates implementation of new ERP system
- Reviews and analyzes the organization's accounting operation; recommends improvements.
- Other projects as assigned.
Required skills, knowledge and abilities:
- BA/BS Accounting or Business (Finance) Degree required
- General ledger accounting experience in an ERP/MRP system (SAP, MAS 90, or similar systems)
- Strong understanding of accounting theory.
- Intermediate level knowledge of all accounting functions and related internal controls.
- Well versed with revenue recognition in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects, use time management skills and independent judgment.
- Excellent written, verbal, communications, and interpersonal skills with a customer service focus.
- Proven quantitative and analytical skills.
- Ability to work to deadlines, able to set priorities and deal effectively with shifting priorities.
- Ability to assimilate information from a variety of resources, analyze information and recommend courses of action to be taken.
- Strong leadership ability with proven take-charge style exhibited when necessary.
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, and external agencies to maximize performance, creativity, problem solving and results.
- Advanced Excel skills, Intermediate Microsoft Office applications.