This company, a leading manufacturer of private label and branded consumer products is seeking a promote-able Staff Accountant to join their organization. As a finance team member who will be responsible for analyzing our past transactions and present valuable information about our company's performance, you will provide important insights to the management team and partners. In this role, you will also be expected manage the close process, analyze data, give advice, reconcile accounts and provide trustworthy information about financial records and transactions. Be able to manage successfully in a fast moving and growing business will be key as well for the ideal candidate.
- Assist in monthly close process
- Performs reconciliation and general ledger analysis
- Assist with system implementations
- Cost Accounting
- Assist with cost accounting/inventory management/inventory analysis
- Investigate cycle counting variances and resolve issues, in conjunction with the Operations Team
- Help review overhead absorption/cost analysis
- Maintain fixed asset register (consider putting into plex)
- Enhances segregation of duties/reviews of reconciliations
- Assists in documenting process and controls
- Support in various annual audits.
- Researching accounting issues for compliance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Monitoring and analyzing accounting data and produce financial reports or statements.
- Should have strong analytical judgement, and hands on experience with financial reporting.
- Monthly, quarterly and annually accounting
- Reconciliation's, journal entries and job costing
- Analyze all financials and create reports for upper mgmt.
- Familiarity with debt compliance and consolidated financial statements
- Support with oversight on AR/AP staff
- Ad hoc projects
- Great interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles, standards and regulations
- Experience with systems, accounting software and databases
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Accounting, Finance or related field
- CPA or CPA ready preferred