Supply Chain Lead
Our client is seeking an experienced Buyer/Planner to lead Supply Chain Management operations at their facility in the Pottstown, PA area. As a manufacturer of consumer products with a variety of offerings, we are looking for someone to accelerate the company’s continued growth!
- Track orders of products and raw materials; this includes invoice approval for import containers, receipt in system, preparation of transfer orders, etc.
- Review and approve import invoices from brokers and suppliers; this involves summarizing costs of imported items.
- Monitor confirmations of issued Purchase Orders [PO’s].
- Maintain monthly cost summaries of raw materials, especially with major chemical purchases.
- Review receipts against the ERP/MRP system to find errors.
- Update freight costs in system prior to cost rolls.
- Order non-inventory items as needed (e.g. office supplies, etc.).
- Review the MRP/ERP system and standardize the ordering of repetitive items (routine items that are easier to monitor) / the process of placing PO’s with suppliers.
- Begin learning more complex ordering processes.
- Travel to our corporate office, as needed.
- Other duties may be assigned, as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, Finance or Accounting).
- 3 years of professional experience working in Supply Chain Management (e.g. Procurement / Purchasing, Inventory Planning, etc.) in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience working with a manufacturer of consumer products / Consumer Packaged Goods [CPG] is a plus!
- Experience working with importing products and/or raw materials is a plus!
- Proven ability to work with technical tools / systems; hands-on experience working with ERP or MRP systems (especially Infor) is strongly preferred!
- Strong attention-to-detail; experience with problem-resolution, trend analysis, and process improvement are strongly preferred.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).