Truck Maintenance Manager
Excellent Opportunity for a LEAD Mechanic looking to step up or Manager looking to work for an national firm – Great benefits, 401K, Health, Stock and more – NIGHT SHIFT 2:30pm – 12:30am
The Maintenance Manager oversees preventative maintenance and repairs for 100 Heavy Duty Vehicles. The Maintenance Manager promotes a proactive, efficient and service-oriented program aimed at maintaining the Company’s fleet in peak operating condition. They provide management and direction to the Maintenance Team, including direct supervision of Mechanics and Technicians at multiple depots. The Maintenance Manager is responsible for replacement schedules, preventative maintenance and repair of Company vehicles, as well as administrative duties such as parts procurement, inventory management, asset tracking and cost control. The Maintenance Manager utilizes fleet management and onboard computing software to monitor vehicle performance and cost.
- Oversee scheduling of all planned repair work to increase productivity and allocate resources appropriately among multiple depots.
- Maintain an on-going preventative maintenance program for multiple depots, including identifying trends in road calls, breakdowns and maintenance needs.
- Provide direction and coaching to the Maintenance Team to ensure that all maintenance and repairs are performed in a safe, efficient and timely manner.
- Ensure the Maintenance department is adequately staffed and mechanics are properly trained, including making hiring/termination decisions in collaboration with HR and senior management.
- Monitor the overall performance and efficiency of the Maintenance department, and take appropriate actions to increase the same.
- Ensure compliance with Company safety standards, as well as federal and state regulations, including maintenance of repair records and other required documentation.
- Maintain advanced knowledge of engine, emission systems, transmission, brake, hydraulic and electrical systems of heavy equipment and vehicles used by the Company, as well as staying up to date on changes to federal and state regulations.
- 3+ years of experience as a Maintenance Manager or Maintenance Supervisor for a large fleet of vehicles or multiple site locations, or as a Fleet Manager for a medium to large fleet of heavy equipment and yellow iron.
- 10+ years of maintenance/mechanic experience or operational management experience.
- 1+ years of experience managing employees in a unionized environments
- Experienced with hydraulic systems, electrical, air brake systems, diesel engines, and vehicle computer diagnostics
- Experience from the refuse industry strongly preferred
- Advanced experience working with fleet management and onboard computing software
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Strong communication and leadership skills
- Ability and passion for coaching, mentoring and training employees.
- Strong financial acumen and ability to manage to a budget
- Strong knowledge of DOT, OSHA, and other federal and local regulations and requirement