Workday Payroll Manager
Workday Payroll Manager
National firm with facilities throughout the United States seeks an experienced Workday Payroll Manger to add to their professional team. Beautiful Center City offices and location are an added perk for this position that is key to a new Workday implementation. There will be long hours for the first 6-12 months as you lead these efforts but once you are up and running a normal work routine will follow.
This role will manage US payroll operations, as well as optimizing processes, compliance, effectiveness and cost of payroll operations in fast pace and rapidly growing environment. This role provides excellent customer service to stakeholders, strong oversight of vendors, and quality development and coaching to build a highly effective and engaged team.
- Maintain/configure Workday payroll system and time and attendance system.Ensure compliance with all applicable state and federal wage and hour laws relating to payroll.
- Manage the preparation of weekly, monthly, quarterly and year-end management reports (gross payroll, hours worked, vacation accrual, tax deductions, benefit deductions, etc.).
- Monitor and approve federal and state payroll tax filings, including 940s and W-2s.
- Review and approve employee tax withholding audits to ensure compliance.
- Review and approve all employee and payroll processing data audits to ensure accuracy.
- Create/update payroll-related reports in Workday.
- In collaboration with the HR Department, evaluate and analyze existing payroll policies, procedures and business processes; draft, propose and implement changes and/or quality control measures leading to best practice operations.
- Solve payroll related issues, respond to payroll related inquiries and enforce payroll policies.
- Serve as the primary Human Resource team liaison with the Finance and Accounting Departments.
- Supervise, mentor, coach and conduct performance evaluation of Payroll staff.
- Provide payroll-related analysis and support during any mergers/acquisitions.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics
- Workday Payroll experience required
- Extensive knowledge of payroll administration and accounting
- Strong knowledge of and ability to interpret/apply taxation, withholding, and reporting requirements at all levels (federal, state, local)
- Understanding of Banking and ACH processes
- Ability to manage interfaces between electronic data processing and the payroll/accounting functions
- Advanced knowledge of HR/Payroll system functions
- Ability to courteously and professionally respond to the needs of employees while being flexible and responsive in a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel
- Advanced PC skills to include database and spreadsheet tools, including creation and maintenance of queries and reports
Pay: $90,000 to $110,000/year
$90000 to $110000 Per Year
Job Status: Full Time